Gertrude Moser-Wagner was born in 1953 in St. Georgen/Murau, Styria, Austria. From 1977 to 1978 she studied sculpture at the University (then College) of Applied Arts, Vienna and moved to the Academy of Fine Arts to Bruno Gironcoli, where she received her diploma in 1981. From 1982 to 1990 she taught at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna with Prof. Arnulf Rainer. In 1990 she was a lecturer at the Progetto Civitella d'Agliano, Italy. From 1990 to 1992 she took a teaching position in "Interdisciplinary Techniques" with Beverly Piersol at the University (then College) of Applied Arts, Vienna. From 1999 to 2009 she was an adjunct professor at Webster University, Vienna. She worked as a lecturer in the field of art and therapy, Vienna and organized workshops in Austria and abroad. In 2001 she participated in the pilot project of the Federal Ministry of Arts and Culture (BMUKK) "Mentoring of female artists for female artists". In 2000 she was Artist in Residence, United Media Arts (UMAS) in Durham/Ontario, Canada and had studios abroad in Rome, Italy (1994) and Krakow, Czech Republic (1997). Numerous solo exhibitions and participation in group shows have taken her repeatedly to the United States, Italy, France, Belgium, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Serbia, Thailand, Canada, Sweden, and Indonesia. Gertrude Moser-Wagner lives and works in Vienna.