Klaus Pinter was born in 1940 in Schärding am Inn, Upper Austria, Austria. Together with Laurids Ortner and Günther Zamp Kelp he founded the collective architecture and artist group Haus-Rucker-Co and Haus-Rucker Inc (-1992) in 1967. This was followed by the opening of studios in Düsseldorf and New York in 1970. The group developed innovative architectural designs and visions and was invited to international exhibitions, including the Museum of Contemporary Crafts New York, Documenta Kassel and the Centre Georges Pompidou Paris in 1977. Pinter left the collective in 1977 and has since worked as a solo artist, working on well-known architectural buildings in Austria, Germany, France, Moscow and Egypt, among other places. Klaus Pinter lives and works in Vienna and Oléron Island, France.